Healthy Maine Streets is a project of the Maine Development Foundation funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help selected downtowns develop effective, community-based worksite wellness programs for small businesses.
Just recently a Wellness Council convened as part of this project and it is charged with promoting and guiding effective, community-based worksite wellness programs for Bar Harbor’s small business community to help build a healthier Bar Harbor and a more desirable place to live and work.
Projects are focused on:
- Recruiting small businesses to participate in Healthy Maine Streets worksite wellness programming
- Helping employees of participating businesses to complete individual health needs and interest surveys
- Supporting small businesses with training and technical assistance to develop and implement worksite wellness initiatives
- Developing an annual work plan for community wellness
- Implementing community wellness strategies identified in work plan